The Yamaha YZ450F is a high-performance motocross bike that has been designed for professional riders and serious off-road enthusiasts. This dirt bike features a powerful four-stroke engine, advanced electronics, and top-of-the-line suspension and braking systems. In this buyer’s guide, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about the Yamaha YZ450F, including its powertrain, handling, brakes, electronics, warranty, and updates for 2023.
The Yamaha YZ450F is powered by a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine that produces 56 horsepower. This engine is mated to a five-speed transmission that allows for smooth and precise gear changes. The YZ450F also features Yamaha’s proprietary Yamaha Chip-Controlled Throttle (YCC-T) system, which provides precise throttle response and smooth power delivery.
The Yamaha YZ450F has a lightweight aluminum frame that provides excellent handling and maneuverability. The bike’s suspension system consists of KYB Speed-Sensitive System (SSS) inverted fork and a KYB shock absorber, both of which are fully adjustable to suit different riding styles and terrain. The YZ450F also features a 270mm front disc brake and a 245mm rear disc brake, which provide excellent stopping power.
The Yamaha YZ450F comes with a range of advanced electronic rider aids, including the Yamaha Power Tuner app, which allows riders to adjust the bike’s fuel injection and ignition timing settings via their smartphone. The YZ450F also features launch control, traction control, and a quick shift system that allows for seamless upshifts without the need for a clutch.
The Yamaha YZ450F comes with a one-year limited factory warranty that covers defects in materials and workmanship. This warranty can be extended for an additional cost.
$9,899 ($10,099 for the Monster Energy Yamaha Racing Edition)
Updates for 2023:
The Yamaha YZ450F has not yet been updated for the 2023 model year. However, Yamaha is known for making regular updates to its motocross bikes, so it is possible that the YZ450F could receive some changes for 2023.
- Engine: Liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder
- Displacement: 449cc
- Bore x Stroke: 97.0mm x 60.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 13.0:1
- Transmission: Five-speed
- Suspension: KYB SSS inverted fork (adjustable), KYB shock absorber (adjustable)
- Front Brake: 270mm disc
- Rear Brake: 245mm disc
- Wheelbase: 58.5 inches
- Seat Height: 38.0 inches
- Fuel Capacity: 1.6 gallons
- Weight: 245 pounds (wet)
- High-performance four-stroke engine
- Advanced electronic rider aids, including launch control, traction control, and quick shift system
- Lightweight and maneuverable
- Fully adjustable suspension
- Excellent handling and braking
- One-year limited factory warranty
- Limited fuel capacity
- Tall seat height may be challenging for shorter riders
- Higher price point compared to other motocross bikes
- May require more maintenance than a two-stroke engine